Autoscopy

 

Final Result 

This was my favorite project that I was most proud of. I added so many elements and overlays and it took so many hours to complete. This has a lot of meaning for me as I wanted it to represent the two halves of my autism and life. The left side represents the dark side of my life and autism. It's supposed to represent what a sensory overload feels like to me. It shows me getting screamed at and the lightning striking me. The grain and overlay of cracking ended up looking like static. There's smoke at the bottom from fire and embers. All of it is supposed to visually show what that sensory overload feels like. If you're not autistic, it would be really hard to explain in words how it feels, so instead I wanted to show it. On the right side, is me soothing myself by stimming. My form of calming myself down is music. It shows the peace I find when I am listening to music, and how drastically different it is compared to the left side. I think the left side is extremely beautiful. I added a galaxy overlay onto myself and cherry blossoms floating in the wind at the bottom. I added a sky overlay onto this beautiful background I found. Also added a sunlight overlay along with the BTS symbol and a musical notes symbol. I wanted to create this safe haven that represents what it feels like to stim with music and especially BTS. They're such an important part of my life and they literally helped me get through so many overloads and breakdowns. I was hoping the word independent would show up better, but that's also supposed to have meaning. I really enjoyed the photoshop projects the most, because they're similar to video editing that I like to do, and I don't have to really draw. 

                                 Different Versions as a GIF






Comments

Popular Posts