Calligram and Letter to My Future Self

 

When I turned it in ^^
After I fixed the background ^^

My calligram was not received well, because of how simple it was and the black background. The issue I had was my letter was at the required amount of words for the letter, but it wasn't enough words to make my calligram very detailed. I liked the black background because of the extreme contrast, and black is my favorite color. I thought the bright colors really popped on the black, but after the critique I changed it to a lavender color. 

                Calligram Letter to Myself 20 Years From Now

Word Count: 448

Elisia, you should be turning 42 years old in less than a month. That is only 2 years younger than the age of our mom right now in 2021. That is a terrifying thought, and I hope you are doing okay with your Thanatophobia and coping with being in your 40s. There are so many changes that I hope have happened by now that it has been 20 years. First, I am not sure if mom and dad are alive right now considering their health problems. If they are, I hope by now your relationship with your mom is somewhat healed. If they are not, I hope there are no regrets with how you left things off with them before their passing. I hope you are much closer with your sister than before, and hope she is still married by then. I know I have a lot of hopes and dreams right now about my future, and I hope they came true for you. If you are 42 years old, then you should be married for awhile now. I hope you are married to someone who truly loves you for you and even loves your autism. I hope they are understanding, and they make you laugh. If you are with someone who you do not even want to be around, then they are obviously not meant for you. Your first 21 years was in a house that was toxic, so I hope the one you are in now is a happy one. Hopefully you had gotten married by 27 or 28 and have had children by now whether it is one or two. By now, you should already be in therapy for a long time now. You should be in a better place mentally, and your problems that you have now should be resolved or are now easy to cope with. Hopefully the world itself has healed, and we made an impact to resolve climate change. I know by now your dogs Peanut and Boomer have passed, but I hope by now you have got new canine additions to your own family. Knowing our luck with picking dogs, they will have weird personality traits. All in all, I hope you are genuinely happy with a job that you enjoy. I hope you are not stuck in a place that is stagnant and you travel and go on adventures with the people that you love. You should love yourself for all its flaws. You should love your autism, even if it may cause you trouble. I may not fully love myself now, but I am sure you do. I hope you’ve discovered who you truly are on the inside.


Comments

Popular Posts